Skip to content Goddess of style Abi Manning2019-02-20T14:42:20+00:00
Meet new NDADA trustee Jane Stanley, owner of bijou Barnstaple boutique Private Collection II. She shares her thoughts on looking and feeling chic and chipper.
Jane Stanley deals in happiness and wellbeing on a daily basis. ‘Yes I sell clothes,’ she says. ‘But to watch people transform as they feel good about themselves (and some haven’t for a long time) is, to me, one definition of happiness.’
Jane’s top tips to dress yourself happy:
- Be tickled pink A little candy can sweeten your day. For a sugar rush without the calories, wear spirit-lifting pink. Add navy or pale grey as a foil, or mix with dark denim for a cool vibe.
- Get happy feet Shoes glorious shoes! We all know a new pair of sandals, pumps, wedges or mules – whether high end, high street or from a charity shop – is a fab way to put a spring in your step. And, the great news is, whether you are having a fat or a thin day, they always fit. A glamorous new pair of heels will always elevate your style and mood.
- Shrug off the blues This season’s erogenous zone is the bare shoulder and it’s a look we can all do. An off-the-shoulder top with little sleeves is bang on trend yet won’t leave you too exposed. Chic yet never cheap, it’s the perfect way to get glam nonchalance à la Brigitte Bardot.
- Be a good sport You don’t need to be a born-again gym bunny to embrace the fast-growing athleisure look. Combine function and fashion for comfy daywear that takes you from locker room to living room. What’s not to like about stretchy fabrics, soft cashmere hoodies and luxe trainers? It’s perfect school-gate glam – without even having to break into a sweat.
- Crack a smile A big beaming smile is always the best accessory.